Gold Award & Editor's Choice in the Clean + Conscious Awards
Thrilled is an understatement. In June, our Sand Brush was announced as a finalist in the prestigious Clean + Conscious Awards and we were absolutely chuffed. The Clean + Conscious Awards celebrate products that work in perfect harmony with our bodies, our environment, and our society.
Now, we are excited to announce that our Sand Brush has just received the Gold Award in the Kids Accessories category, along with the Editor's Choice Award. And we couldn't be prouder!
And when we say proud, we mean of the talented artisans who craft this beautiful product.
Sustainability and Effectiveness: The Ultimate Sand Removal Brush
Creating a sustainable and ethical product
As a company, commitment to implementing sustainable and ethical practices wherever we can, our journey to create the ultimate sand removal brush has been an exciting one.
When we delved into the design of our humble little brush, we were guided by our commitment to protecting our environment. Our aim was to use the most sustainable materials possible.
The result is a beach Sand Brush that not only stands out for being eco-conscious it also boasts exceptional functionality, brushing sand from adults, kids, pets, surfboards, beach gear, even car upholstery, carpet and more!
The brush is crafted from hard-wearing sustainably sourced rubberwood and features a beautiful combination of coconut husk and jute fiber bristles. These natural plant fibers are not only renewable but also biodegradable.
Commitment to Fair Trade
We collaborate with Import Ants, a Fair Trade certified company located in Sydney. They work with artisans in Fair Trade communities in Sri Lanka to create our Sand Brush, which is produced in accordance with the 10 Fair Trade principles and ensures a transparent supply chain with fair wages for workers.
We take pride in sourcing our Sand Brush ethically from Sri Lanka, where it's handmade by skilled artisans. When you buy fair trade products from Sri Lanka, you contribute to the well-being of these artisans and their communities in several ways:
- Fair trade guarantees that artisans receive a fair price for their products, allowing them to earn a decent wage and provide for themselves and their families.
- Fair trade standards ensure that artisans work in safe and healthy conditions, free from hazardous materials and dangerous work environments.
- Fair trade organisations invest in the communities where artisans reside, providing essential services like education and healthcare.
- Fair trade empowers artisans by giving them a voice in the decision-making process and allowing them to take control of their own lives and futures.
- Fair trade encourages sustainable practices, such as using eco-friendly materials and reducing waste, which help protect the environment and preserve natural resources.
In a world where conscious consumerism is gaining momentum, products like our Sand Brush demonstrate how functionality and sustainability can go hand in hand.
The products shown on Clean and Conscious Award directory recognises brands manufacturing and operating in a responsible way. It allows consumers to easily choose products that contribute to a cleaner, more ethical, and more sustainable future.